Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 8: Presentations

These presentation tools are really amazing! I loved the professionalism and the possibilities. Slideshare took a little bit to figure out, but there were many resources there. Sliderocket looks really spectacular, although it is certainly tailored toward business. It would be interesting to see if they had something for educators that doesn't cost. I think that is one of the things that impressed me the most though, was the amazing ability to do everything via the web and the apparent seamlessness of it all. I liked that Sliderocket would work no matter what platform, because especially in education, that is a huge issue.

What I didn't like about Slideshare (and maybe I just missed something, although they said they don't currently support audio) was that all I see are the slides, but not the rest of the presentation.

I can see lots of ways these can be used in the library, either myself creating a presentation to highlight activities or for students to create them to share their learning. However, one of the biggest challenges is always how safe is it for students to use? That is something I will definitely be exploring this year. My students are elementary and it is not appropriate for them to have all kinds of accounts, but that is something that the tech integration teacher or myself can help with.

Here is one I liked:

1 comment:

  1. Slideshare allows for audio. They call it a "Slidecast". Check out http://www.slideshare.net/csllearning/learning-20-program-presentation-565294. If the link doesn't work the program is called Learning 2.0 Program by csllearning

    ReplyDelete