Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 9: Online Collaborations/Applications tools

Since I already use Google, I added Docs and started playing with it. Easy as pie. I think it is fabulous since I work at 2 schools and I am always emailing things back and forth or searching for a flash drive. Now my stuff will always be right there. I bet that all the things I do in Word are available. I started to create a new Year at a glance for what I will teach in library this year. These kinds of things help keep me organized and ensure I have enough time. I think it would be neat to share it with the other librarians in my district. We can add comments, etc.

I love iGoogle because everything I need is right there. I love that my Docs can be searched right from that screen. I am going to try to use the Calendar this year too.

Bubbl.us was terrific. At school, we like to use inspiration with our students. That allows them to brainstorm ideas and make connections. The Bubbl.us was similar. I will have to play with it more, but certainly a great option.

I played with last.fm. That was a lot of fun. I am not sure how that would work in school, but personally it is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment