Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 4: Social Bookmarking

I have gotten a bit behind because on March 25, I started adding books to our new online catalog. I have 2 libraries to do and about 20,000 books, so that has taken priority. We are nearly done.

Social bookmarking is just something I have been exploring a bit this year. I have a del.icio.us account and the other elementary librarian and our tech integration people share sites this way. As with most things, I don't use it to its full capability, but I truly hope to get better at it next year. It certainly has been easier than making my own lists and emailing ideas. Since we all study the same curriculum, sharing these through del.icio.us has been very handy.

I think in a school it is a great idea! I would love to get the teachers involved so that I can share things I have found for them and for their students as they do different projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment